La Scala tweeter repair again

Chucky

I keep blowing my tweeter on my La Scalas. In fact, this is the second time I will have to get it serviced. The first time I had it serviced, they replaced a coil (or some sort of resistor) from the crossover. I don't crank it up at all. Did they replace it with the proper coil or what?

Also, any authorized Klipsch repair centers in the Toronto, Canada area?

Thanks

Chucky,

I can't help you with the cause of the failure, but I've recently replaced tweeter diaphrams (voicecoils) in my recently acquired pre-owned LaScalas. The diaphrams are relatively inexpensive and easy to replace, if you're handy with a small soldering iron. Unless your LaScalas are new and under warranty, you might consider doing the repairs yourself and avoiding the transportation and labor charges. There are others on the BB who have had MUCH more diaphram-replacement experience that me, so I'd defer to them* for more info. But, it certainly can be done at home.

Best of luck,

Ross

* The "them" would include John Albright, Tony Reed, Al K, Trey, and a bunch of others...

------------------

"Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana."