building a rc 3?

Scp53

ok, can someone give me the internal dimensions for the rc 3? i dont want to get one second hand(unless i have to) and want to build my own. its sealed so there shouldnt be much to screw up. and does klipsch sell the crossovers? i know they sell the drivers. is driver placment on the baffle critical?

if i dont build this, does anyone have a rc3 for sale. just to let you know, i have rb25s for mains. my surrounds are sb3s.

and i should ask, are the sb3s going to be to big for surrounds when compared to my mains? the sensitivity is the same but the sb3 has a bigger woofer. the sb3s have more bass than the rb25 with the same speaker level signal.

thanks, scp53

Why are you building one? Most people build centers that cannot be bought either because Klipsch never marketed anything that big (as in my case) or because they are so rare (i.e. Academys). Neither of those cases apply to a RC-3.

it will be cheaper is the reason.

i have no dealer near by that will drastically mark down prices. i DONT think the rc25 is worth anywhere near $280 and the rc35 is not worth anywhere near $400. not saying there bad, but compared to DIY its no contest.

the only way i d buy a rc25/35/3 would be second hand. again, anyone selling one of these? id prefer the 35 or 3 but if a 25 comes up i think id take it.

scp53

Where are you getting all the Klipsch drivers to build the RC-3? I would think that buy the time you buy all the parts individually (from Klipsch) that it would cost you more to DIY. Besides, you should be able to find a used RC-3 on eBay for a fair price. Don't get me wrong, I'm all into DIY but in this case it seems like a waste of time/effort.