Arggghhhhhh Bad Day...New TV acting up and Fortes are lost

sire

Xmas holidays were supposed to be the finishing of my theater.

So far it has not gone well. New Samsung DLP 5674w has started acting after only 9 days and the set of Fortes I purchased off of ebay have been misdelivered. They say they delivered them to the garage at my address. Sound Advice better make good on the tv. Good thing I purchased the set local and they have a 60 day exchange.

I only have been looking at TVs for the last year or so. Looked at numerous models and chose the Samsung. Great picture except when the 7 red horizontal lines show up when the TV is first turned on. Did not do this the first few days. They fade away but I am sure it is not supposed to do this.

I of course was home, garage was closed and I had seen a UPS truck across the street but could not get outside before the truck left. The neighbor does not have the speakers. I have walked around the neighborhood three times trying to peer in garages and so far no luck. Supposed to rain today. Arggghhhhh.

Today they are supposed to be delivering an Academy to the house.

I am very irritated!

I guess paying high shipping cost does not require competence on the shipper. The kicker is if the speakers are lost, they will refund the shipper, not me. So I will be out product and $$$ and will have to depend on the seller to refund my $$$.

I was stupid I guess, trying to ship something during the busiest shipping time of the year.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Mike

Mike, wow, sounds like the Bermuda Triangle is in your neighborhood.

Who signed for the speakers? UPS usually requires the spelling of the person's name, but if he/she's intent on scamming the delivery, the name on the receipt is probably "JOHN SMITH".

With regard to the red lines, sounds like a bad DLP chip. Definitely report the problem and ask for field service or a new set if that's an option. They usually reserve the right to decide which ...

Good luck!

Partially worked out. I met the UPS driver before she could get to my house and questioned her about my missing speakers. She tap danced a little saying she only had one over size delivery to my neighborhood yesterday and it was a different address. I asked her why did it show she delivered two packages to my house. After a few minutes on convincing her she went to the house and found my speakers. Nice neighbors huh.

There was no attempt by them to contact me about the mistaken delivery. I know if two large packages were delivered to my house with the wrong address I would have gone to the correct address and let them know. I had to restrain myself from going down there and saying something.

The plan here is to determine which speakers I want to use for my surrounds. Fortes or Academys. For WAF the Fortes look better in the alloted space. About 4' behind and to the side of my Lazy Boy. Is there an advantage sonically of one or the other?

The speakers are a set of OO original Fortes in very good condition. (8716041 & 8716042) Even came with an original instruction manual. As usual one casualty, a riser fell apart as I took it out of the box. The plastic brackets came unglued and the staples came apart. I guess I will take it to the same guy who repaired the riser on my Forte II. I have not played them much yet but the bass seems a little tighter than the Forte IIS but highs do seem "different" I am thinking this is the different in the tractix and exponential horns.

Sound Advice exchange people have not contacted me yet about exchanging the tv. My patience I am sure will run out by the first of next week.

Mike

Glad you found the speakers. Maybe the neighbors were busy preparing for Christmas... and would have contacted you eventually. Still, they should have realized someone was probably looking for them.

Mine were delivered yesterday evening... 4 days ahead of schedule and just as we were leaving the house. I'm hoping they went by Ground as requested and not by Air. Will open to day and check them out carefully.