OT: ElectroVoice FR200

triceratops

OK, the EV FR200 is not a Klipsch product. But a lot of us like EV drivers, in part due to the use of EV drivers in many Klipsch Heritage products. My 1960 Khorns have EV tweeters and woofers, and they are great.

Anyway, I have a pair of EV FR200 2-way speakers which came out of a theater. These are no longer in the current EV catalog or on the website, but I have attached a PDF spec sheet on them. Does anyone have any experience with the FR200? Any observations compared to an industrial Heresy?

Thanks!

Best in horns,

triceratops

FR200_EDS1.pdf

Hi BSA,

In fact I think it is not quite as good as the Heresy cabinet--these are shallower than the Heresy and I think have less internal volume due to the shallow depth. As they say "there is no replacement for displacement," so I think the low end response will be thinner than the Heresy.

The FR200 does have nice drivers though, so I'm hoping to use these cabinets for something. The spec sheet suggests an EQ to boost the bass if using these for music reproduction as opposed to PA use. Just hoping one of the Electro-Voice experts here has some experience with this relatively obscure model (and maybe some suggestions for me).

Thanks,

triceratops