RB5 vs RB35

colterphoto1

Other than RB35 having diff woofer and port on front, and RB5II having real wood veneer (and cheesy grilles), are there any other appreciable differences between the two?

I'm picking up 4 RB5II in cherry veneer tomorrow and having some questions about placement with the rear port, but I love the real wood. Audibly are they essentially the same? It's a pretty good deal, about $200 per speaker in excellent shape.

Michael

so you get 4 rb5ii all for $400? thats a great deal. i ve never compared the 35 to the 5 but who cares. the differences are going to subtle. i say forget the 35s and take the 4 rb5ii.

scp53

note- on second thought, is it 200 per speaker? so that would make it $800 total. even thats a decent deal if there new. but i think you meant $200 per pair because you said "per box".

Amazing sound from these speakers. Lacking in a bass some but that is expected. Add a good sub and you are ready to go. I thnk I spent about $800 for a set of two a couple of years ago. I was lacking in space at old house and they were the largest I could use.

I do admit though with my old pioneer receiver they were a little harsh on the ears. I was using three across the front for my theater. I changed because I wanted to try the older classic speakers. I would experiment with toeing them in and out for your situation.

Mike