Best Center ?? (to match RF-15s...)

Brando

Quick Help please!

Just bought RF 15s (love them)... My other speakers are:

Two small Bose rear speakers,

Bose Center speaker,

AR 10" PSW, and pushing all with a Denon AVR 2802.

My screen is a Mitsubishi 48" rear projection.

I want to upgrade my center!! This $200 Bose center is for sure not making the grade in relation to my other equipment... What are the rules of thumb when buying a center? Can anyone give me advice on what to purchase, given my current equipment? Should I buy Klipsch to match my fronts??

VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!

1.gif

Brandon

• 2 weeks later...

Get the RC-25. I also have RF-15s and the RC-25 is the proper match for them. The RC-25 contains the same woofers and same tweeter. It's seemless. Not sure why the above poster said to get the RCX as it is not the correct match. The woofer size is not the same and the tweeter technology is not the same. It is correct to believe that all the speakers in the Klipsch line will have a similar sound, but if size is not an issue, get the RC-25 as it was designed to be mated with the rf-15s.

You're right! My mistake for not reading the rc-"xx" carefully. Didn't mean to sound rude, but in my mind the RCX didn't make sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

Anyway.....

Get the RC-25. I know you'll be happy. In fact, I compared the RC25 to the RC35 and the 35 didn't fair so well. Sounded muddy and not near as clean and clear as the 25. I've read in other posts that there were problems with the rc-35 being incorrectly wired internally. Don't know if that's the whole problem as I also feel that some of the larger speakers in the reference range (not including the very nice Flagship Reference line), sounded muddy in the midrange. Some people may like this "fuller" sound, but it's not accurate to my ears. Male voices particularly sound too chesty and resonant.