RVX-54 or RF-35

WaltnSC

wow, only a 1000 for the pair, thats really good. What kinda power are you giving em?

I'm depressed today, one of my RSX-5's is started acting up an hour ago. (Midrange driver sounds messed up). I think it needs to be replaced/repaired. I'm not sure what the heck I did to it.

I'm gonna go cry now.

According to Good Guys, the RCX4 is $250 and the RVX42 is $450, but what you pay depends on your dealer. With 15% off, the difference is $170.

In the context of a $3000+ speaker setup, I would not try to save $150-200 and go with a center speaker that was not designed to go with the LR's. If it was a $200 difference on a $1000 setup I might consider it.

• 3 weeks later...

----------------

On 1/18/2005 6:49:59 PM WaltnSC wrote:

I paid just under a grand for my 54's and was quoted 310 for the 42. I will probably pick up the 42 in a couple weeks and then sell my rs-25's to purchase RSX-5's.

----------------

Do you mind telling us where you were able to get a quote like this? Was it at a small dealer or a big dealer like good guys, cause that is quite the discount and puts them in my price range. Thanks

I purchased these from my local dealer. He's a one man shop and has been in the business for over 40 years. I've brought him around 18K in business from myself, friends and people I have referred so he takes care of me these days. I know that's not a ton of money but again, business is business.

I purchased the 42 and it seemed really small but it sounds great. I'm moving next year into a bigger home and will purchase another set of 54's to handle surround duty, if he sells them to me cheap..ha ha