NEW MEMBER KLIPSCH SURROUND SOUND SUGGESTIONS (BI-WIRING & PIONEER ELITE RECEIVER)

jon zwart

currently i am using the klipsch reference series (rf-35) with the pioneer elite vsx-53tx receiver... i currently have a 7 speaker set-up with complete surround sound capabilities... i am driving my two tower speakers with bi-wires. i am new to the internet audio connection and have learned that bi-wiring does not necessarily improve the sound and performance of you speakers... unfortunatly my sales rep at ultimate electronics told me otherwise.. i still think the cables give a stronger thicker or fuller sound to my tower speakers..(the internet archives speculate... i might have programmed myself to think so---but i am sure i can hear a difference... (i.e. dts audio u2 go home, dolby digital metellica with sanfransisco orchestra)

MY QUESTION: AM I MAXIMIZING THE FULL POTENTIAL OF THE BI-WIRE CABLES WITH THE PIONEER ELITE RECEIVER. OR DO I NEED TO DO SOMETHING ELSE...

ALSO NOTE: I AM USING 14 GAUGE SPEAKER WIRE TO HOOK UP THE REST OF MY SPEAKERS

***MONSTER CABLE MFR. BI-WIRE CABLE

Like "DougDrake" said, there is a lot of opinion about bi-wiring. In my case, it did not cost me anything extra to get the bi-wire cable to try it, so I figured, what the hell. It could not hurt.

However, since now I have my system all apart, awaiting my new TV, I may consider bi-amping the front mains using four of the 7 channels on my B&K Ref 200.7 amp. I would run the center, and my RF-5 "A" surrounds off the other three channels on the B&K. I would then run the rear-center and my "B" surrounds (RS-7s) off the Denon's amp (I am using a Denon AVR3802 reciever as a pre-amp).

I am just getting ready to bi-wire my liv. rm. receiver with 12 gauge cable ... again. The first time seemed like a success after listening to my old polk's. The more fuller sound sounds familiar with better low volume control. For me going from 14 gauge to heavier 12 gauge on my 12 year old Klipsch made me happy.16.gif And, that's what this is all about right?9.gif

----------------

On 1/3/2005 9:52:55 PM skonopa wrote:

Like "DougDrake" said, there is a lot of opinion about bi-wiring. In my case, it did not cost me anything extra to get the bi-wire cable to try it, so I figured, what the hell. It could not hurt.

However, since now I have my system all apart, awaiting my new TV, I may consider bi-amping the front mains using four of the 7 channels on my B&K Ref 200.7 amp. I would run the center, and my RF-5 "A" surrounds off the other three channels on the B&K. I would then run the rear-center and my "B" surrounds (RS-7s) off the Denon's amp (I am using a Denon AVR3802 reciever as a pre-amp).

----------------

skonopa-Let us know what you think if you elect to bi-amp your mains. I've heard (from my klipsch salesman) that bi-amping produced the most dramatic difference in sound that he's heard in an RF-7 (probably besides going to separates).