Conrad Johnson

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Does anyone here own conrad johnson equipment? one of my buddies just bought a conrad johnson pre/pro (tubes) and a conrad johnson stereo amp (ss) with a pair of thiel speakers. He spent about 12,0000 and that was with a 40% discount because he used to work for thw owner of this place. I am assuming that it will sound just amazing, and he had to order the everything because conrad johnson will only hand make the pre/pro he bought and i guess that they are shipping the amp along with that and the speakers are speacil order only.... it should be impressive since the system he bought usually goes for closer to 20,000 i don't have model numbers or anything which sux but ohh well

Never assume just because something is expensive that it is good.

I think I would rather have a pair electronluv pre/amps http://www.electronluv.com/html/amp/845_amplifier.html & http://www.electronluv.com/html/preamp/10line_preamplifier.html . Not sure who posted the moth gear yesterday but that looked really cool as well.

Hope it sounds good please let us know.

I got a chance to audition a bunch of CJ's tube electronics, as well as Krell's Balanced Power amp series, a month or so ago when I stopped into my local audio store to buy a turntable. To me, CJ gear sounds absolutely magical, but not overy warm at all. The Krells however, sounded etched, hard, and overly analytical. Maybe things weren't set up right, but I found that interesting. Anyway, what I'm saying is that your friend is a lucky man, and you probably are going to be spending more and more time there instead of home, meaning your wife might start getting suspicious!

Guest Anonymous

no kidding, well i know just because he unloaded a huge amount of money doesn't make it good, but still i thought it was interesting that he went with a hybrid system and the theils.... i am excited to hear all of it and i will probably be spending a lot of time there, certainly better than my system

Although on a side note, i did get the sign of approval from the old lady about my speakers haha