Which do you perfer Forte II's or RF-7's

GeorgeV

I am thinking of buying a pair of RF-7's, currently I own a pair of Forte II's (purchased in 94) and a pair of RF-35's. I know that there is a timber difference between the Reference series and the Heritage series. But, I would like to know what other members think.

I primarily listen to Rock and POP music (i.e. Pink Floyd, Radiohead, etc) and I would use my current amp (Acurus A250) to drive them. Thanks.

I own both. I'm not an audiophile by any means, but in my opinion the RF-7's are a little brighter. I used to run a Yamaha integrated amp with my Forte's but found I didn't like it with my RF-7's. I'm now running the Forte's with an old JVC receiver and the RF-7's with a McCormack preamp and B&K amp and am happy all around. You have to be careful with what you pair the RF-7 with. With the right matchup, you will be greatly rewarded.

Thanks to all. If I'm understanding the comments so far, the RF-7's are a more natural sounding speaker in the mid-range area then the Forte II's. However, it is vital to get an amp that works well with these speakers. So I'll need to bring my amp to the dealer and listen to the speakers again.

----------------

On 1/7/2005 6:47:45 PM bsafirebird1969 wrote:

do you know exactly what they do to "radio" voices ??/ ... we are talkin' 20++db compression, for the car audience, a -30 db roll off on either side .....

i can't see your comparison is worth a &((**%&$%^ .... no !

----------------

OK, but the Forte 2 still cannot replicate even 20++db compressed talk radio as well as the RF-7's and lot of other speakers. But I still love my widely dynamic Forte's.1.gif