New Klipsch Ipod 2.1 speakers

Swerv

I guess it was inevitable :)

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000100026525/

Amy could you give us the specs on the sub? Is it a redesigned SWS? Also will there be an option to get these without the dock for say $300? I realize they are targeted for ipod users having the sounddock and all, but they could also serve as a really kick *** 2.1 ultra set that people have been craving for.

6.gif

----------------

On 1/10/2005 2:00:14 PM Amy Unger wrote:

Well, no, but yes if you want to say new dimensions, new parts, and new amplifier qualify for "redesign."
1.gif

----------------

Of course, after all its being mated to RSX's. But based off the specs, I'll call it a "improved" SWS, just looks like one all around. (The front firing woofer, the slot port, the enclosure, etc)

----------------

Well, no, but yes if you want to say new dimensions, new parts, and new amplifier qualify for "redesign."
1.gif

----------------

exactly, its the SWS 2.0

but with reference components?

Amy, how does this sub compare to the RW-8?

I'm excited about these speakers. But you know whats really funny, I (and several others) recommend this system a long time ago (minu the ipod part)

rsx-3's + sws like sub = 2.1

hmmm.. even if Klipsch didnt listen to us, at least they can read are minds

:)

Keep up the good work!

• Moderators

----------------

On 1/13/2005 2:28:24 AM 007 wrote:

----------------

1.gif

----------------

exactly, its the SWS 2.0

but with reference components?

Amy, how does this sub compare to the RW-8?

----------------

LOL, 007! I think you missed my point. New dimensions, new parts and a new amplifier means a whole new subwoofer! I wouldn't call it the SWS 2.0 at all. That's very misleading. You *could* say the sub is a redesigned RW 12, or KSW 12, or any subwoofer we have... but of course, it's not. It's simply a new sub.

ok ok gosh.. I want my sws 2.0 so bad!

but you have to admit, it looks just like it! beveled top and bottom exactly like Promedia, single 8" front firing driver with rear firing slot port.

Anyway, can you give us any info on the AMP? it say its 200 watts peak? how much perchannel and how much does the subwoofer get?

thanks

• Moderators

Yes, I admit it is similar 1.gif

I don't have the final specs yet, or I'd be happy to post them. We divulge nothing until a production model has been fully signed-off on and measured. Creates less confusion if they have to be modified.

• 1 month later...