Surround Setup Question 7.1 vx 5.1

LandLockedPH

Here's a question regarding the setup up my surround speakers in a dedicated HT room. My seating area in the room is up against the rear wall.

At the moment, I have side surrounds (Klipsch SS-1s) slightly in front of the seating position (5.1). Although they are probably too high and need to be moved down. My understanding is that they should be about 3 feet above the listener?

Would I benefit from adding rear surrounds (7.1) to the back wall even though they would only be about 3-4 ft from the listening area?

If so, should I match them to the side surrounds?

Or, would I be better served in getting better quality side surrounds to match my front (RF3s & RC3) speakers?

As of now, I'm planning on getting a pair of RS-35's for the side and moving the SS-1's to the rear. But if I don't gain much... is it worth it?

Any help you can give would be appreciated.

How big is room L W H?

If seating is against wall rear center will be on...and I presume they would be above your head.....then would be hard to hear them...except when the sound bounces off other surfaces and comes back to you ...

I say ya need to move you seats a bit forward to get soem separation...so the sound from speaker will actually be coming from behind your head and fill in the side surround....

Good Luck