HT and mostly Heritage

Coytee

Looking for ideas, I currently have an old Yamaha HT A-2070 as I recall.

unfortunately, it's looking like my room is going to be backwards (WAF) and as such, my K-horns will be my REAR speakers with my LaScalas hidden behind an opening into the wall under the stairwell (after I move out the water heater)

Anyways, I've learned in 2 ch that I don't care for my OTHER Yamaha receiver (CR2040) so I bought a tube.

I'm going to cross wire this somehow where I can face the stairwell/front and have a surround setup, OR, I can turn around & face the rear (K-horns) for more critical 2 ch listening.

So, given the sibilance I experienced on my old CR2040, might I expect that same sound on the 2070? (can't hook up for while to find out)

If I'm to make a HT change, what brand/models are suggested?

And before anyone asks, the constraints of the wife currently dictate the viewing wall (front) will be the stair wall. Sadly, that eliminates the K-horns from being the front speakers simply because of the shape of the room and door (which is of course at the corner)

Anyways, suggestions on HT unit for an all Heritage system?