Klipsch model 700

plumb1

----------------

On 1/23/2005 6:31:28 PM plumb1 wrote:

Hello I was wondering if anyone would know what year the model 700 Klipsch speakers were produced. I just bought a set on e-bay.

Does any know how they compare to Heresy? Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks Jamie

----------------

Malcolm

No Life

Total Posts: 1,207

Last Post: 1/17/2005

Subscribe to this author

H700 was the designation for Heresys built between the mid sixties or so through the early 70s or so. It is a full range system, like the later ones. The main difference is H700 has a 16 ohm woofer and a Type C network while the later versions have 8 ohm woofer and Type D, E, or E2 networks. Both the H700 and later versions are to be differentiated from the very earliest Heresys that did not use an autotransformer and just let the woofer keep up with the midrange and tweeter the best it could. The H700s and the later versions all sound pretty much the same to me

HDBRbuilder

No Life

Total Posts: 2,469

Last Post: 1/12/2005

Subscribe to this author

The reason the H700 got its name was from the changeover to the H700 midrange horn lens...prior to the changeover, the midrange horn lens was narrower(from top to bottom) and the crossover from the midrange was not at 700Hz. Basically, the H700series began sometime in the late 1960's and continued on until the advent of the HeresyII in 1985. Pretty much, all the Heresys in this production range had about the same sound...and even into the first few years of the HeresyII. The H700 model was a slight redesign so that the Heresy would stand on its own as a full-range speaker, whereas prior to its introduction, it was considered more of a supplemental speaker system.

PWK ever increasingly noticed that the Heresy speaker was being purchased in pairs and being used as a stand-alone full-range speaker system, even though it was crossed-over to be a supplemental speaker system. So, he introduced the larger midrange horn lens into it, brought the bass response of its woofer out more for it as much as feasible from its previous lower output, utilizing crossover network changes...and turned it into what the purchasers were really looking for in a stand-alone speaker system of that size.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I may be stupid, but I can lift heavy things! (And when building LaScalas pretty much with little or no help, you gets lots of chances to lift heavy things!!)

-------------------1983 60th Anniversary Edition BMW R100RT-------------------

Regards,

Analogman