Horn/Box calculations

Marvel

I have software to calculate box size and horn dimensions when it includes one driver.

How do you calculate for two? Not that I'm building an Altec 210, but you get the idea from looking at one. You can't just add two together.

I know this doesn't explain much, but a brief idea or guess would help a lot.

Marvel

We (the royal we) are confused. What kind of horns are you talking about (midrange or bass)?

If you are talking 2 separate bass horn throats, then you are talking double the horn area cross-section once the throat baffles combine, like the Jubilee. Or they can be kept separate as 2 complete horns sharing the same cabinet.

Is that what you mean?

Or are you talking about a "total sum" setup where 2 or more drivers feed into a single horn throat, like some multi-driver midranges? I forget exactly what this is called...

DM

----------------

On 1/26/2005 8:38:40 PM D-MAN wrote:

Or are you talking about a "total sum" setup where 2 or more drivers feed into a single horn throat, like some multi-driver midranges? I forget exactly what this is called...

DM

----------------

Yes, two drivers (not compression drivers, but cones) feeding one horn throat. I have four 5" drivers, rated at 100 watts each, 120 Hz to 18Kz. Could two be used in one cabinet to make a mid to upper mid horn? If you have seen the Altec, just think of shrinking it to use with 5" speakers instead of 15" and putting it on its side.

I'm just playing and have thought of this for some time but never followed up on it. (maybe this cold is making me hallucinate?) A diversion of sorts, ignoring bigger things to come.

Marvel