I just replied to a thread that isnt here...twilight zone?

maxg

DD,

Do you like Firefox? It seems to be all the rage. I downloaded it to try it out and found it wouldnt run the first 2 sites I tried and gave up on it.

Just for reference the sites were the Launch.com video site - which suggest I upgrade my version of Navigator(?) and a Java based crossword site which needed a 20 Mb download not to run. That download then stopped something else running (my bluetooth adaptor strangely enough) and I just uninstalled the whole lot and went back to IE6.

Firefox 1.0 is sweet. You will have to download some extensions to make certain programs run. Unlike IE6, that just magically downloads anything and everything whether you want it or not. Microsoft sucks. They need to look long and hard at their direction, or they may well be left in the dust. Can you say LINUX?

Max,

Yep, I prefer Firefox to IE, and use it for 95% or more of my time on the net. There are occasional sites that will not load properly on Firefox, so on those I'll switch to IE. It runs fine on the Klipsch forum, but I switch to IE on the forum, if I want to post pics. Firefox might do it, but IE works for that, and I don't have to work harder to try to figure out Firefox on that. Something odd about the way the clipboard works (here on the forum) with Firefox.

The main reason I use Firefox is that when I surf with IE and then run AD-Aware and then delete dozens of spyware bugs. Firefox doesn't attract nearly as much crap on the internet. They also have a very cool logo on a Tshirt. IMO