New Toys On The Way

rplace

Not so much Klipsch related, but for sure HT. I pulled the trigger today on the purchase of some equipment. Nobody I work with would even begin to understand my obsession but I just had to tell someone. My room is not finished but coming together nicely. I am priming/painting it this weekend. So figured I better get the equipment quickly because I am sure once the room is done I wont be able to wait a day longer. Only bad thing is that I have to wait for shipping on the items. Authorized dealer purchase, just not in my area - due to me not appreciating the condescending attitude of my local shop.

My loyal servant the Carver CT-17 is being replaced with a Sunfire Theater Grand IV and my Sony DVD player (dont even know the model) is retired in favor of a Denon 3910. Yes I was still hanging on to the CT-17 pro logic, but I do have a more casual TV room with 5.1. That CT-17 will have to probably get sold, but I would like to keep it for a 2 channel set up some day as I really love the sound.

I had to scrap the 7.1 setup due to space issues in favor of 6.1. It is really funny how small a 16.5 X 13.75 space gets as walls go up and the ceiling comes down. For now it will Be Chorus/Academy/Chorus up front and Forte/Academy/Forte in the rear with a KSW-200 for the low end. I did however wire for 7.1 on the side/back walls. The Fortes are slightly off the back wall and to the side maybe 140 degrees behind the listener with the rear Academy dead center on the rear wall. The original plan was Chorus/Forte/Chorus with 4 Heresys surrounds. I still think this is going to be a nice set up for the given sized room. What do you all think?

Anybody have thoughts on that sub with the rest of the gear? I dont think the budget will allow for any more major purchases soon. But always looking for the next big thing.

Thanks for letting me ramble cant wait to get my new toys.