Reference: 3-series OR 7-series?

doobie

I'm trying to decide between the 3-series and 7-series reference speakers for my new home theatre (floors, center, surrounds).. They will be in a room that's about 12 feet wide by 26 feet deep.. The couch will be ~12 feet from the front of the 16x9 61" RPTV screen..

Cost aside, will the 7-s be too large for that size room? Are they worth the extra dough? I'm thinking of getting either the new Kenwood VR5900 or Harman/Kardon AVR8000 recevier (when they come out)..

Any suggestions?

doob, i think that depends on how much u value a larger

sound Biggrin.gif

see if the dealer will let u compare them at your place. most should.

------------------

Klipsch KLF 30 (front), KLF C7, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-18 sub woofer

Monsterbass 400 sub interconnect & Monster CX-2 biwire & Z1 cable

Marantz SR-8000 receiver

Sony DVP-C650D 5-disk cd/dvd player

Sony Trinitron 27" stereo tv

Toshiba hi-fi stereo vcr

Technics dual cassette deck

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2100 digital cable box

Boa's Listenin Lounge:

Klipsch RF-3, RC-3

Monster MCX Biwires

Sony STR-DE935 a/v receiver

Kenwood KR-9600 AM/FM stereo receiver (vintage 1975)

Russound AB-2 receiver switch to RF-3

Teac PD-D1200 5-disk cd changer

Technics SL-1950 turntable/AT LS500 cartridge

rock on!

If saving some bucks isnt the issue then the 7's for sure!! More efficient and more 'ya know' just...more!

They're the big brother and next generation to the rf3's, fuller sound. I have the 3's and love them but would gadly go to the 7's if I could. As efficient as they are, they wont overkill the room at lower levels and when the time comes to crank em, they'll go the extra mile.

If saving some bucks isnt the issue then the 7's for sure!! More efficient and more 'ya know' just...more!

They're the big brother and next generation to the rf3's, fuller sound. I have the 3's and love them but would gadly go to the 7's if I could. As efficient as they are, they wont overkill the room at lower levels and when the time comes to crank em, they'll go the extra mile. And just to throw in my .02, I'd elect for the Harmon/Kardon between those two, but have to admit being partial to the Denon line myself....

Hey doobie - I agree with SickPuppy, if cost is not a factor, go with the RF-7's. If you listen to these things side-by-side to the RF-3's, they'll win hands down. I think it was someone else who said RF-7's were RF-3's on steroids. I've listened to both and the RF-7's blew me away. O