Reference & Sunfire Setup

nevill

Though it's been fun, I am having a tough time blending my Sunfire True Sub Signature, into my current setup:

Sunfire TGIV

Carver AV505 (2)

Klipsch RF-7, RC-7, 2 pair RS-3II

I continue to try multiple setup configurations, but feel I am far from realizing the full potential of the system.

When I set the RF-7's and RC-7 to large it sounds as if the the sub and speakers are fighting each other creating a muddled low end (both in normal and enhanced sub modes). I have tried reducing the crossover point and adjuting the phase with little success.

When I set the speakers to small (cross over set to 40hz or higher) I feel the system is missing the warmth of the large setup.

I am curious, anyone else use the same components? How are you configured? Any suggestions?

Try adjusting the phase of the subwoofer. Also try setting the distance of the subwwofer as longer than the actual distance. My sub's distance is set about 2 feet farther away than the actual distance. This is for group delay. When the phase and group delay are right, the bass will be tight.

I set my RF-7s as small. The RSW-15 puts out more than enough bass for me.

The amp on the RF-7s could easily handle the large setting, but most amps cannot drive the RF-7s well when set as large. The RF-7s dip to 3 ohms or less. Bass on the 7s is only tight with a good amp IMO.

Bill

1. Your sub should be working with your speakers(mains)and not against,PHASE is your key here.First try 0 or 180,try 90.Where do you get proper sub bass reinforcement?

2. Find the optimal position for your sub if it was not done.

There is no way a Sunfire Sig subwoofer does not do a proper job when these two above are taken care of.