Bad Popping with new CP-1

JMAcuff

I just upgraded to the new CP-1 Control Pod and no matter what type of Audio I listen to all 4 speakers have very distinct Popping. I have verified that all of the speaker connections are secure including to the SBLive soundcard. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

can you repost cause i can not read it... lets get the date of its purchase too if you can

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want contact Amy. Email Amy or Instant Message Amy and if all else fails, pick up that phone and call right now Toll Free: 1-888-554-5665

Just do me a favor and run up my counter... I know that sounds sad but so is my site !

I beat DBvader to 600 posts!

I have developed it as well, but have determined it is the connection of the F plugs into my SBLive! card.

In your case, does the popping change/happen when you jiggle or rotate the plugs where they enter your soundcard's outputs?

Have also noticed that the F plugs that go into the backs of each speaker are prone to this (oxidization perhaps?) -- and am having my stereo guy replace them with either banana plugs or crimps.

Awesome speakers, but small, annoying, bad technical design in this regard.

Anyone comment on what/how one might go after oxidization on the INSIDE of the female plugs on my sound-card, if cleaning my male F-plug ends doesn't help?

quote:

Originally posted by JMAcuff:

I just upgraded to the new CP-1 Control Pod and no matter what type of Audio I listen to all 4 speakers have very distinct Popping. I have verified that all of the speaker connections are secure including to the SBLive soundcard. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.