BIN Academy on ebay

rplace

Edwardre, Sorry I did not see this post earlier as I was working on my room all weekend. Too bad you did not get that speaker. I am 99.999% sure that was one of the 3 Academys I recently bought as a set back in December. Even with professional packing it was damaged in shipping. That corner was smashed upbut that was the only problem. The speaker sounded fine. I paid 1800 for all three and UPS was very responsive at inspecting the package and admitting fault. The seller worked with UPS to get the refund and I got 100% of my purchase price back. That is, I got 600 of the 1800 bucks back in my paypal account through a refund. No fees or anything taken. I would have rather had 300 bucks and the damaged speakerbut that was not an option from UPSs standpoint.

I am sure it is my speaker because UPS picked it up at my house as part of the claim. It was going back to AZ I noticedand this was sold in AZ. It is also the same corner that was damaged, and it did not have the Klipsch badge on the grill. Not sure why it left my house without the badge as it had it when I received itwe will call that payment for my pain and suffering. I was so worried that from an insurance stand point UPS would just write the thing off and it would end up in a landfill that I contemplated keeping the cross over and speakers out of the box. My thinking was that there had to be a forum member out there that could build a cabinet for it and that would give one more person a coveted Academy. UPS had requested the Speaker Cabinet to return in order to process the claim. The devil inside of me said that all they wanted was the speaker cabinet so I was technically not in the wrong. In the end I knew that was really not right, so I sent the whole thing back. I am just happy that somebody got a good deal and that the darn thing did not go to waste since they are in such high demand.

So, did a forum member beat you out? Come on guys fess upwho got it?