Heresy 172 Y 310 and 311

spikespench

a few years ago, I found a pair of Heresys at a garage sale for $100. I dont use them much and I am considering selling, but I'm having a hard time letting go. Cabinets are in pretty good shape (some scratches and stains on top from drinks), speakers sound great, of course. The label on the back is partially torn off (see picure). They have K-22-K / K-53-K / K-77-M

I was hoping someone could give me some more info about the speakers, such as:

What is the finish?

Approx Build date?

What they would be worth?

anything else???

post-17346-13819261767444_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the Forum! From what I can see on the tag and from that pic they appear to be Heresys (some call them Heresy Is but it is just Heresy), finish should be Walnut Laquer...(the remnants of the tag appear to say H (Heresy) W(walnut veneer) L(Laquer)...the "Y" in that serial number puts them at 1983 I believe...someone will chime in with the chart for the letter designation...I am just going off memory...the "going" rate seems to be in the 3-4 hundred dollar area depending on condition, wood finish, etc...if you can "clean them up" go closer to $400...of course, you could always KEEP them cuz they are nice speakers...Good Luck.

Bill