Bought Qunitets... Having 2nd Thoughts...

Cheerdude

Got the Qunitet 5-spk set + KSW-10 subwoofer today from Best Buy. This is part of my whole "Apartment Theater" makeover... to go along with the Pioneer VSX-1014 that I just bought as well. Still need to get a HDTV; but I think that I found my store and my TV (KD-34XBR960) for a very good price.

In fact, while visiting this particular HT store, I asked about Klipsch, since they are an authorized dealer. After talking with the salesman and looking at the different ones... I really like the look of the Cinema series. The Quintets, while not ugly by any means, look just like the ProMedias that I have. I also wonder if the Qunitets are going to be enough in the long run... or if I should just get the Cinemas now.

If it matters/helps...

The room is 8' x 13' (the 8' is approximate... its open-ended on one side). The TV would be along the 8' wall or in a corner (where the cable input is). Currently, I sit about 6 1/2 - 9 feet away from a 27" Trinitron (depends if I'm in a couch or on the floor. I will be using speaker stands for the satellites (RB-1s).

Thanks all... the info that I've learned here has helped.

Jeff

PS - BTW, the salesman (who I wouldn't be surprised if he was one of the owners) gave very high praise to Klipsch. He said that he feels that Klipsch prices their speakers based on how they sound... not necessarly on how much it costed to design/produce them. In other words, he continued, he can tell even without hooking them up that the Cinemas would be better sounding than the Qunitets just based on the price! However, he also mentioned that the Qunitets were good... in fact, he doesn't know of a bad line of Klipsch that have been produced.

After owning promedias for my 'puter, I got a quintet set with the ksw-10. Loved them, but they coudln't fill my room, and I eventually wanted to do more music listening. I got an rf-35 based surround system and have never looked back. As good as the Quintet's are for their price and size, I'd recommend upgrading to the Cinemas if you can afford it. Either way, welcome to the club!

Scott

I set my brother's new home up with quintets since his wife didn't want to see the stereo. HATE IT! Look up SEARCH for other threads. The satelites are waay too small so the sub has too much work to do. Soundstage is horrible. Good for maybe a den or bedroom quiet listening, but no good for main HT. take it back and try again.

Michael

I have the Quintent system with the KSW10 sub and it works great for me. I don't use it all the time. Primarily for music, movies, and auto racing programs. My future plans call for adding F1's and making it a 7.1 system. After listening to the TV speakers stepping up to the Quintets was a HUGE improvement.