Has anybody had to replace......

digthis

Hey.

This is my story! When I built my house I prewired it for speakers,,,shoulda,hada,dona this and that, didn't use pvc pipe in the walls {dumb arse!}any way I had the system set-up for adjacent walls in case I ever moved furniture around, WELL!!! when I did get around to moving furniture the wires on the side I would have used for the front speakers don't work {checked physically} and used a dmm which said the speakers were basically OK!!! via bailing wire with gator clip ends hooked to each side of same speaker wire {looped} This indicated that the speaker wires worked! Don't know if bailing wire would work! but that's the longest wire I had at the time! bottom line physically the speaker wires don't work! for some unforeseen reason{nails, kinks,} whatever nough said,,,,,,, So anyway another event took place after I bought another receiver the speakers on that side{ surround at the time} quit working,,, could of had something to do with being under powered, receiver Sony 1011, 30 watts on surround side pushing klipsch quintets 50 watts contintueous, the 2 quintets are out of warranty,,,,,so the question is WWHEWWW! Do I buy klipsch bookshelf speakers with stands or maybe floorstanders since I don't have no wires in the wall to use now [ don't know if I can pull old wires through since I softly big stapled wires in center of 2x4's to keep them from getting hit by nails and such!} back to pvc Pipe{dumb arse}anyway since I have the rest of the quintet set-up 2 surrrounds and 10' sub with center channel and a denon 2105 receiver I'd like to keep it close to sonically matching the quintet set-up, TIA digthis

----------------

On 2/13/2005 7:34:37 AM digthis wrote:

don't know if I can pull old wires through since I softly big stapled wires in center of 2x4's to keep them from getting hit by nails and such!

----------------

Ouch. Contractor's advice (I know, too late, right?) - always drill through the studs and run the wire through the holes. Your staples are likely what caused the wire failure.