i need more wires!

JDrury5

im trying to set my klipsch speakers up on the walls of my room, and its going great -

except the wires arent long enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6.gif

klipsch isnt selling any wire extensions (that i can see) except for a set of monster cables that costs a lot. and i dont even think its long enough... i would need about 10 feet of wire for each speaker, max. anyone know where i can find that?

btw i have a set of klipsch 4.1s... yada yada yada

thanks!

There are two ways you can do it -

1. Create a new speaker cable with a new 3.5 mm plug and all.

2. Add more cable to the end of the existing cable.

I would recommend that you go with 1 since the longer you make the cable, the more you need thicker cable. And let's face it, the stuff that comes with the 4.1 is about as thick as dental floss.

As for where to get the stuff, you can get speaker wire almost anywhere - Home Depot, Lowe's, Radio Shack.... I would get at least 16 gauge cable - a lot thicker than the current stuff. You can get the 3.5 mm plug from Radio Shack I believe.

And there's a 3rd way: Remove the 3.5mm plug receptacle from the satellites, then using high quality speaker wire, run the wire directly into the satellite enclosure and solder it to the terminals.

If you use Monster Cable or a similar product then the soft rubbery coating on the wire may be enough to seal the hole where it enters the rear of the satellite. If you use wire that doesn't fit snuggly in that hole then just make sure to do something to seal around that hole to keep the satellite enclosures sealed.

I've done this with all the Promedia systems I've owned or have passed through my hands. It's relatively simple to do and works great. Getting rid of those plug connections can do nothing but help with sound quality issues.