2 Subs?

Smokem

My receiver has a LFE for a powered sub which I have a KSW10 connected to, but it also has a sub connection with just speaker wires "non powered" sub(it's in the speaker connections). Can I add a second sub even though it's non powered? Will it improve the sound of the system?

If I understand your question, you want to use a passive sub and your klipsch powered sub together. You don't mention having a second amp for the passive sub. Still, there is no reason you can't do this. You can drive the passive sub with two-channels of your receiver, assuming the sub has a two-channel speaker input and output. Of course, this will rob a lot of power from the two other channels. A better option would be to get an amp for your passive sub, then use the "Y" connector that was mentioned, to hook your single LFE output to both your klipsch powered sub, and to the amp driving your passive sub.

I just wanted to make sure you knew that you couldn't drive that passive sub off of your receiver's LFE, without another amp.

Hey smokem, I would recommend upgrading your non powered sub first, Self powered ones ( for smaller ht steups), make spl setups much easier. That sweet spot can be tailored to your perfection good luck, I have two subs, a 10 and a 12. Lot of high system 1.gif members posting here , lets not forget the little guys getting started. thanks donnie1.gif

----------------

On 2/27/2005 12:08:50 PM Smokem wrote:

I did upgrade to a KSW-10 sub. But I was wondering if I could use the non powered sub as well.

----------------

I would recommend you read your owners manual for your receiver(preamp) before you hook up the second sub to your speaker line out. You might not be able to run a sub from both places at the same time. Either way the Y split is the best way to go for 2 subwoofers.2.gif