Mini Khorns?

ooteedee

Yeh, I was wondering the same thing. With K77 tweeters, K55 mids and AK-3 crossover it would have that Heritage sound. And, I'd also add getting the cabs tucked in corners enhances, (HUGE surprise to me) the HF sound, so that a Khorn has a bigger HF sound than LaScala with the same drivers.

The big question is how the 12 inch woofer works in the bass bin. The seller mentions bass performance in a way that makes me curious. I'd really like to hear them. Looks like someone took ALOT of care in construction. One thought, could be that the crossover would need some changes to compensate for the (lesser?) output of the 12 inch woofer relative to the usual K33.

They were built by Don (digjr) who is a fellow member here ... He is very talented in the wood shop... if you may recall he also built a pair of scaled down Belles.

I do agree that the network would have to be reworked to match the K22 as well as the smaller mid-lens... but I think he really enjoys the actual construction of the enclosure. K-Horns are no easy build... esp scaled down.

He offered to build Academy clones for those who were interested... but I don't think he got any takers. Given the required components, wood, and time ... he was still well under the going eBay prices...4.gif

Rob