help me get bass from my rf3's

HTADDICT

First I have a sonyda30 es receiver, it's amps are 80 watts per channel, but puts out better than my old pioneer which had 120 per channel. I have the complete line of reference speakers, center, rear and have the rf3's for mains & ksw12 sub, have had the system a few months, the only thing I've done is replaced the factory connectors with speaker wire. All of my cables are monster cables including the sub interconnect. I know these are great speakers but truth is I'm low on bass, it could just be my room but I doubt it. I have all of my speakers set to large I did bump up the bass on the rf3's via the receiver. Everybody says the system bumps and they turn down there sub, I have my sub maxed out which makes it allright but without it theres no way I'd have enough bass. I'm not a bass freak, I'd just like a little rattle through the house, the rf3's have nothing at normal volume, if amplifying the subs is what I have to do then I'll do it. Would like some connection tips for my rf3's and best cable connection for my sub, I've got monster interconnect into the lfe input is this the best route for HT & music? Would hate myself if I don't use these speakers to there fullest potential, if anyone else is having this problem would like to hear from you.

yea I have a sony & rf-3 & rc-3 too. as rw says that's probably why the lack of bass - use the Y for ksw subs but i think the ksw-12 has only 2 line inputs - R & L/LFE. & yea connect the y to those & u get I think +6db.

as long as u have the sony set sub:yes that should be like night & day. i have my rf-3 & rc-3 set to large, but u should set the rs-3 rears to small or play around & see which setting sound best. the effect level setting

(i think on most sony) makes a big difference

2 - the higher level brings up the rear output & overall dynamics. get to know the sony manual (though mine is pretty lacking) smile.gif

------------------

RF-3 (front), RC-3, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-15 sub

Monsterbass 400 sub cables & Monster Z-12 speak wire

Sony de935 a/v receiver

Sony DVP-C650D dvdp

Sony Trinitron 27" tv

Technics dual cassette deck

Technics direct drive turntable

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000 digital cable box

rock on!

Thanks 4 the fast reply, I hooked up my y adapter and man! immediate difference, had to turn my sub down! Didn't think it was that easy, have yet to try settings on my receiver, pretty confusing 4 me, I have kids and have 2 do most my settings at night and at low volumes it's hard to hear the difference, i'll try this weekend. I thought for sure I was gonna get jumped for saying I lacked bass, but sounds like it's just a matter of hooking it up right, I was thinking about using bananna plugs or biwiring my rf3's any more tips? You guys were great at responding, my first day on this board and within hours had some of my questions answerd & I hope to do the same for someone else also.

HTADDICT-Welcome to the Klipsch BB...All the info is right on regarding sub hookups. I have the KLF30's, C7, KSP-S6's and a KSW-15 and a KSW-100 for the rears. I use Monster Cable all the way around (14 GA.) and Monster sub interconnects with the Y-Splitter. I also found bi-wiring helped my KLF-30's and I used speaker level inputs on my subs also (Speaker wires running in parallel to front mains for KSW-15 and parallel to rears for KSW-100.

My brother is stationed at Mindrot AFB , excuse me , Minot AFB, are you in the AF or do you just love the cold?

My brother is stationed at Mindrot AFB , excuse me , Minot AFB, are you in the AF or do you just love the cold?

Not in the air force, was born & raised in ND & like the cold and snow - good for business, I work at jeromes body shop so if your brother has ever been in a fender bender, we've probably worked on his car. We're the largest collision center in the area, we work on everything from semi's to street rods to custom imports. I'm currently installing a widebody kit on a 97 eclipse website for the project is www.geocities.com/teamsaisoku/k.htm if anyones interested. The owner is from the AFB, he might know your brother. Thanks for the info I'll try that this weekend.