Build Quality Problems with Reference Speakers

teagster

----------------

On 2/21/2005 12:14:28 AM kenratboy wrote:

Just need to note that reguardless of where they are made, they can be built PERFECTLY or falling apart out of the box.

It is a decision on the part of the contractor whether or not the product is built better or not.

There are lots of products built overseas that OOZE of perfection and quality and products built in the USA can be terrible.

There isn't a qiality issue of where it is made, just HOW they choose to make it.

----------------

Agreed.

"Well, I took them back and got a set of Heresys. Problem with this set was that 3 of the screws on one woofer were stripped and two on the other were stripped. You couldn't tighten them and they just fell out. I ended up dealing directly with the factory who agreed to supply me with a brand new set of KLF-20s, custom built for me."

I can understand why you would be frustrated, would be too. Would agree the country of origin should have nothing to do with it. My experience was different in that the RF7s, RC7, RS7, RSW15 all arrived in great condition. I thought they sounded great the first day, such a difference from the Boston Acoustic T-830s /HD-8s multi channel set up I was used to (truth be told I hung on to them way to long). But after break in they are even better and no quality problems as of yet. I have had similar quality issues in other equipment, but for custom speakers I might consider.. just kidding. What did they build for you please provide details. I had a Motorola cell phone that never worked, but they never built me a custom one, but of course it cost 1/60th of the estimated cost of your purchase. Would love to know what they built for you.

For the moderators

Can we order custom speakers from the parts bin built in the factory in a cabinet of our choosing?

----------------

On 2/21/2005 1:52:15 AM jacksonbart wrote:

"Well, I took them back and got a set of Heresys. Problem with this set was that 3 of the screws on one woofer were stripped and two on the other were stripped. You couldn't tighten them and they just fell out. I ended up dealing directly with the factory who agreed to supply me with a brand new set of KLF-20s, custom built for me."

Would love to know what they built for you.

----------------

A pair of KLF-20s with all the screws attached.

1.gif