GaryMD, Mr. Songer, Jazzman - Blue Note Streaming

Ritz

As I have lurked in the shadows, I have noted your affinity for and knowledge of all things Jazz. I am late to developing an appreciation of Jazz brought along in part by a very good friend that plays trumpet in a jazz band - very proficient and knowlegeable in his own right - and I have been made aware of the Blue Note and Rudy Van G recordings. I now have many.

Anyway, the point is and I am sure you already know, I have gone to the Blue Note website (bluenote.com)and streamed their radio channel. Allows you to personalize the playlist and choose classic only or a mix and no ads to distract. Great way to listen to jazz at work. If, as I may presume this is not news to you, please be kind in your rebuke.

On a technical note, how does one get a stream from computer into your 2-channel system to replace a source like a tuner?

Is it possible?

Gerry Ritzert

Gerry:

Get a good quality audio card. There are many to choose from, and most will have RCA output jacks incorporated onto the card. One of the cheapest places I have found to purchase such items is "www.newegg.com". They have very good hardware prices. That's the route I would take.

There are others, such as using the 1/8 stereo plug that comes on the built-in sound cards. Most PC MB's (mother boards) have built in sound cards. However the aftermarket sound cards can be hugely better. The card will simply plug right into one of your MB's expansion slots. Plug and Play, very simple.

Gilbert. Thanks for the advice. I thought there must be a way. Oh, by the way, congrats on your tube ware. I am fairly new to it and it is enjoyable. I have 2 Music Reference amps. Roger Modjeski is the designer/builder out of Santa Barbara. I think I recall your request for good tube supplier. Mr. Modjeski and his assistant, Sage, also sell matched tubes via www.ramlabs-musicreference.com. You may find that a good source for tubes. I just bought some and they computer match them and place a tape on the box they send with each one with the stats of the computer testing.

Thanks again.

Gerry