Bought New Pre-Amp TODAY!!!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I am pretty happy today because I finaly jumped on this pre-amp that I have been thinking about getting for a very long time! I bought the Transcendent Sound Grounded Grid Pre/Pro... anyways it should take about a onth to get the order done, but thas ok with me! anyways I'll post pics when I get it here!!

Guest Anonymous

erik and wolfram have both talked it up a lot, the only thing that i need for it is a remote control for it, but i am having a rough time finding a kit that i like for it, and i was thinking about going with the creek oh-b1 but i have not looked at them at all yet....

Gramas, congrats on your new toy! I am still extremely happy with my unit and always admire its neutral transparency. You can do some tube rolling, but with other amps effecs of different tubes were more pronounced. I like the combination of a single RCA cleartop in V3 and Mullards in V1/2 but of course even in stock form this is an excellent preamp (obviously IMO).

Wolfram

Wolfram, I still have stock tubes in mine. And I was thinking of trying the Peach and the Exemplar preamps. to get a little more musical sound. When you changed your tubes did it make a big difference? Bruce always says that the tubes don't make much difference its all in the circuit. You know Bruce does a great jop but I read his book and there are some claims he makes that makes one wonder about his hearing??????? He states that he can not tell the difference after breakin! Basically he doesn't think it makes a difference.

Guest Anonymous

where can i buy that remote kit that you have.... every place i have looked that has had something has been flakey, anyways if you could possible put up a link that would be great!!

Guest Anonymous

i just got an e-mail from john from bent audio and basically i have to buy a DACT right? therefore his remote kit is 225 and then i also need to pick up a DACT and he reccomends this one from diycable.com which is 180 and it looks really nice, is this what you bought? the ct2 i believe

Guest Anonymous

well you weren't kidding about that remote conrol kit being pricey! it almost cost as much as the pre-amp, I really hope this thing performs..... argggg.... anyways if it's not what I want I can always sell it, and keep the remote kit and put it something else, because it looks like its a really nice DACT attenuator adn kit. Anyways thanks for the help!