Forte matching question

Space Chief

Hello everyone,

My first post on this site. I own an Anthem Integrated 1 tube amp w/phono option, they rate consertively at 25 wpc, but I've heard they really put out about 40, push-pull, ultralinear, they came out of the factory pretty neutral, but I've "warmed up" the sound w/different tubes,(JJ/Tesla 12au7's, Mullard 12at7), I use the old original Synergistic Research Alpha Sterling interconnects, which are supposed to sound sweeter, Audioquest Indigo's for speaker cables. My room is 11 by 18, my speaker placement is pretty locked in to about 40 in. from the rear wall, about 58 inches from the side walls. I have my stereo and TV between the speakers. The speaker placement is about 3 1/2 feet away from the TV. I currently run PSB Stratus Bronzes, I think they sound decent, I live in a condo, it's a half basement constuction, the bottom of my windows is at ground level, so my walls are actually under gound.I never blast my stereo, I like a good, tangible soundstage that I can sink into, with some depth, and a very easy to listen to sound, and maybe fall asleep to? I also watch DVD's thru my stereo. I listen to Electronica (Autechre, Boards of Canada, Bill Laswell, Pete Namlook), Classical, Sparklehorse, Jazz, Ambient (Biosphere, Klaus Schultz) I have heard that the Forte's actually sound great w/ the right equipment at *low* volume, as well as high. Would I get more out my music by switching to the Forte's at low to lower mid volume? thanks to all.

I have owned the Forte II's for more then 10 years and you absolutely correct the Forte's with the right matched equipment are a great sounding speaker. I think that you will get better sound from your speakers if you moved them closer to the right, left and rear walls. At least with my setup and room, my Forte's sounded best (at any volume) when they were between 1 - 2 feet from the rear, left and right walls. Also, I noticed an improvement when I toed the speakers in slightly, instead of pointing them directly to the listeners sitting position.

It is implied you do not currently own Forte; I think.

Years ago i found non horn speakes sto be lacking in realism in a big way a low listening levels.

PSB

POLK

B&W

type of speakers only seemed to get a little real when you really push them

Your amp would be an interesting experiement with Forte.

Consider RF-5 and RF-7.

I think RF-5s are underapreciated.