RB-15 vs RB-25

stevedanis

I'm trying to build a small, great sounding system. I'll be using a RW-8 or RW-10 and am wondering if there will be a noticable difference between a RB-15 and RB-25. Both speakers appear to have the same tweeter and horn, with the only difference being the woofer (5.25in vs. 6.5). The size of the woofer shouldn't make much difference since I'm using a subwoofer, should it?

I wouldnt imagine the difference would be that huge..

The port on the rb-15 is in the rear so you have to give it some distance from the wall for it to sound it's best. Like a good ft or two.

The RB-15 is basically a smaller RB-25, the soundstage is still pretty wide, but not quite heresy wide i'm sure. For the size it's hard to beat that unless you leave klipsch .. which is hard to do especially if you love horns ;)

I was pleasantly surprised at the performance of the RB 15. The sound stage was much larger than I expected. I got mine to use as rear surrounds initially and I eventually replaced them with Heresy II's. Overall I was very impresssed with the RB 15 capabilities for such a small package. You will need a sub obviously but for a small set up they sould do nicely. Mine are going into my exercise room shortly. I cannot offer any critique on the RB 25's as I have never tested them.