Klipsch Quintet

wjg

I would like to hear opinions on the Klipsch Quintet speakers. I heard them at BB when they were showing Lost World and was impressed. I will be pushing them with a Yamaha 5760. My primary (90 %) use would be movies and HDTV and the room is rather small ( 15' by 20' ). My wife does not want large speakers in the room so I thought I would ask about these. I look forward to your replies.

Thanks,

Bill

I have the Quintet system with a KSW-10 Sub. Like you I have a small family room and the wife does NOT want large speakers. TV, movies, and music the sound is great from those small speakers. For the price you can not beat it, BB had it advertised for $700 with the sub. The only other systems that the speakers are that small are the Reference Line Cinema Series 6, 8, and 10. The Cinema 6 with a sub will be around $1,000.00.

Guest Anonymous

umm i have them and they are alright... compared to my other stuff they are not so great, but relativly speaking they sound good, if you have it in your budget check out the refrence version of the quintets, they sound much better!

I installed a set at my brother's for same reasons and am not happy at all with the results. The satellites are so small that the sub has to handle too many octaves and music or DVD concerts just don't sound real because the full musical spectrum isn't coming over the 5 main channels. I'd try the Ref series. Sorry. Hard to get full, killer sound out of such an inexpensive package.

Michael

SEARCH for other threads with more quintet reviews.

Guest Anonymous

I want to remind you though of one thing. that I personally believe thatt for 800 you will NOT NOT NOT find a better sounding surround sub/sat package anywhere. All I am saying is that for more money you can get a lot better!

appreciate what you're saying 701, but if there is any room for later improvement, wouldn't you refer this poster to a good pair of Reference with possibly a center, with the ability to purchase larger mains or pair of surrounds later if funds permit? Once you get a set of Quintets, there's no upgrade except to scrap them and start over. There are 'small' reference speakers, and 15x20 is not really a small room. Quints will NOT cover it in any meaningful fashion IMO.

Newbie, what is the financial situation with regards to later upgrades? Size of largest allowable bookshelf type speaker? VOlume desired? Type of music/movies played? This will help us quite a bit.

Michael

I agree with going to the Ref Cinema line. I bought my Quintet system for $100.00! I could NOT pass that up. My future plans are to upgrade to the Cinema 10 for the family room and put the current Quintet system in the basement for the kids. REMEMBER...for $800 it's a very good deal.

The Quintets sound better than the radio shacks!

Thanks guys. I was not aware of the " Referance System " . I will go to BB this weekend and see if they have any to demo. Are they much bigger than the Quintets ?? I was just looking for something a little bigger and alot better than the speakers that I have with my HTIB. As far as " LOUD ", my wife does not like loud !! Of course she is not always at home !! She didn't like the idea of the HDTivo or the Yammy 5760 either and you should have seen her face the day she walked in and saw the 55" RPTV. She says that I don't listen to her --or something like that !!

Bill