Replacing Dead Heresy II Squawker

tonygeno

----------------

On 3/1/2005 10:41:27 PM BEC wrote:

Might take a shot at trying to attach a wire to what's left of the cap lead or just go for something similar to this:

If it were me, I would probably go for an order of 6 of these and replace in both crossovers to keep everything sounding right.

Bob Crites

----------------

Thanks, Bob. Sounds right.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Found a local pro shop that replaced the capacitor and the dustcap from one of the woofers that had been pushed in and the speaker is as good as new. Total cost for the repairs: $22. I'm a happy camper. Thanks for everyone's help on this.

----------------

On 3/12/2005 10:31:44 AM 3dzapper wrote:

That's great!!!
1.gif

The guy treated you right that's for sure. I assume that he has gained a loyal customer?
12.gif

Rick

----------------

You bet. A friend of mine brought an old EV PA speaker that had been crackling at the same time. It was diagnosed as needing a new input. Good as new for a total of $36. We're referring this place to all our friends. They're in Braintree, MA if you ever need his type of repair. The place is called Pro Sound Service.

----------------

On 3/16/2005 1:15:38 PM Jay L wrote:

just to answer the question for future searches. that broken blue cap in question is a mylar.

----------------

Thanks. So if the original was replaced with metalized polypropylene, is that a problem?