If it wasn't for bad luck..

zoocow

Just wanted to vent. Hooked up my brand new Music Hall CD player. Was just about ready to listen to the entire Rush collection, when my Mac integrated amp's left channel died. ARGH.

Has anybody had any exp with sending older McIntosh equipment back to the factory for service?Is it pricey?Should I just go to an authorized dealer instead?

• Like 1

A couple of months ago I noticed one of the channels in my MC2125 sounded a little sick. I took it to my local Mac authorized repair shop - the next day I had it back. The Tech replaced a cap and did a little clean and test and it sounds beautiful. Of course, just when its sounding great, I found a great deal on a MC2102 and bought it - now I've sold the 2125 (actually I traded it for a C32 and some cash). Take it to your local tech - and get back to listening to that great Mac sound!

Any local Mom & Pop shops around? It could be a heck of a lot cheaper then to send it off to an authorized Mac repair facility when it's probably something pretty simple.

I found mine in the yellow pages and now I'm buddies with the owner. He's also the guy who keeps finding these Macs and Marantzs I've been selling here. It may be worth a shot.

I tried the amp today, and it worked fine. However, I know I am on borrowed time. My local Mac dealer told me that they don't do repairs and that I should send it to the factory. I will look for a local mom and pop shop.

Thanks

• Like 1