RS SPL Meter Calibration CD?

boom3

I've done a forum search and a couple of Googles, and I can't track this down...

Within the past two months, there was a thread about a CD that was specially recorded to yield a flat response when use with the RS SPL meter (analog or digital, I'm not sure). If anyone remembers the CD, plaese let me know. I thought it was Rives or Mapleshade but I can't find a mention on those sites.

TIA!

I finally had a minute (all of 5, actually) over the weekend to check out my new RS analog meter without anyone else home.

WOW! I was amazed just how loud 110 db actually is. I threw on DSOTM, the Money track for just a few minutes, played around with meter settings and volume knob. Now I just need to get my calibration disc and see just how good or bad my system actually is. Spent half an hour discussing the unit and the theory behind it with my brother-in-law sat evening, I think he was pretty much convinced I was a loon for wanting to go through this much work for good sound. He seemed to be in the "I turn it on, it sounds fine to me, what more do you need?" camp. 15.gif Maybe once I get the listening room done, he start to see the light. 11.gif

I have not gotten my Rives Audio CD yet, although it's on order. I did a similiar experiment with my RS analog meter the other day after the SO left for work. In a 16 x 25 room with a vaulted ceiling (12 feet at ridge), four Cornwalls were pounding out disco at an average level of 90 dB, peaks at 94 in the center of the room. The speakers are in each of the 4 corners, although out from the corners by a couple of feet. Then switched to classical (Sibelius, Karelia Suite)and adjusted for the same average level. Peaks hit 102 dB. I have known that classical has a wider dynamic range than popular music but this was an ear-opener.