Fill in the missing data in my drawing (khorn dimensions)

rplace

Sorry for the bad drawing, I promice I am a much better programmer then artist so no chance of me quitting my day job. Can somebody please give me the measurements for AB, BC, CD, DE and EA in my attached file? What I am trying to figure out is if Khorns will fit between my Fixed Screen and my side walls in my HT. The bottom of the screen is 39 inches off of the floor and I have 28 inches on either side of the screen. At 39 off the floor I know the khorns won't fit below the screen.

LameKhornDrawing.jpg

Thanks for any and all help, Rich

post-16462-13819262258624_thumb.jpg

My homemade khorns allow right at 28inches from the corner to point D. I bet he khorns will be another 6inches into the screen. I used some speakerlab plans from the mid 80's and mine don't have a tight fitting top board or from C to D is only 24 inches and height of bass bin is 40 inches.

----------------

On 3/9/2005 6:46:36 PM rplace wrote:

Sorry for the bad drawing, I promice I am a much better programmer then artist so no chance of me quitting my day job. Can somebody please give me the measurements for AB, BC, CD, DE and EA in my attached file? What I am trying to figure out is if Khorns will fit between my Fixed Screen and my side walls in my HT. The bottom of the screen is 39 inches off of the floor and I have 28 inches on either side of the screen. At 39 off the floor I know the khorns won't fit below the screen.

LameKhornDrawing.jpg

Thanks for any and all help, Rich

----------------

A - B and A - E are 22" each. Slightly more than that may be occupied if point A doesn't go all the way back into the corner.

B - C and E - D are 12" each on the top plate, but 12.75" at the top of the bass horn, at least on my '62 style B models.

C - D is 31 3/8".

You need one other measurement: run an imaginary line perpendicular to the wall from point C or point D to the wall, and measure from that point on the wall to the corner. On mine, that comes to about 33", suggesting you'd have to be pretty close to the screen for the ends not to be partially obstructed.

Larry