Looking for used amp under $500.....

streyle

----------------

On 3/11/2005 4:16:36 PM minn_male42 wrote:

----------------

On 3/11/2005 4:07:56 PM streyle wrote:

one more stupid question.....what kind of cables are used to connect the processor to the amp?

----------------

here ya go!

guitar center should have this type of cable on the shelf...

1.gif

----------------

thank you again....your help has been incredible....

Hello,

Might I recommend the Parasound HCA-1000A, they're built like tanks, have no fans, and are an excellent amp. They have a 10 year warranty new, which gives you an idea of build quality. 120W/ channel as I remember, class A/AB, it's a great amp for transients, and sounds great.

Jon

I have a Parasound HCA-855a that I'd let go for $450. I've used it with KSF8.5's, RF-3II's, KLF-20's and 30's, all sounded superb. Most everyone agrees that Pararsound and Klipsch make for a good combo. With the high efficiency of Klipsch you don't need power. This amp would probably be the equivalent of a reciever thats in the 120-130w/ch range.

----------------

On 3/11/2005 5:29:37 PM fabulousfrankie wrote:

I have a Parasound HCA-855a that I'd let go for $450. I've used it with KSF8.5's, RF-3II's, KLF-20's and 30's, all sounded superb. Most everyone agrees that Pararsound and Klipsch make for a good combo. With the high efficiency of Klipsch you don't need power. This amp would probably be the equivalent of a reciever thats in the 120-130w/ch range.

----------------

I bought the Crown XLS 402....I'll see how these work and if I'm not happy, I'd be interested in the Parasound.....

Now, the RF-35s are rated at a max continuous of 150W and peak of 500W, with the Crown, the max/channel is 260W.....I imagine I will never use all of the power, so there isn't a risk of speaker damage....am I correct?

Also, if these work out, should I get an XLS 202 and bridge it to provide power to the RC-35?

I will post a review after I have more time with it this week.....as for fan noise, it isn't too much of a problem....if it becomes more irritating, I will follow the advice on the threads over at avsforum....many people have been able to address this issue

My short time with this amp shows a marked improvement over my receiver......can't wait to get one more amp for the center.....still can't decide though whether to get the 402 or the 202 for the center.....