The Contender (TV)

SteelerFan

----------------

On 3/11/2005 8:46:38 PM kelA wrote:

I like the Ultimate Fighter series on the Spike network better.

----------------

I'll admit I've only seen 2 episodes of that, but I was bored to death with the fights. Two guys rolled up in a ball for most of them and can't really do much damage. Like watching a couple of 4 year olds go at it. Hopefully there was some better action in some of the one's I haven't seen.

I think Contender is a very good series thus far! Much better than Oscar De La Hoya's "Next Great Champ." These are not bums...they are pro fighters still looking for that big break to get them over the hump. I knew rounds seemed shorter, but are they really only 1-minute rounds? I find that hard to believe that they would not have the traditional 3-minute rounds.

• 3 weeks later...

Have yall been keeping up w/ the show? It is one of my favorites lately! I was hoping Brent would tear up Anthony, but I think Ishe is eventually going to do that! Anyway you look at it though, the drama is heating up. For the record, the rounds are not 1-minute rounds as previously stated...they are the traditional 3-minutes.

----------------

On 4/5/2005 3:56:24 PM caz1604 wrote:

Have yall been keeping up w/ the show? It is one of my favorites lately! I was hoping Brent would tear up Anthony, but I think Ishe is eventually going to do that!

----------------

You know I think Anthony had every right to have a say in who his opponent was...having said that, I can't respect the way he went about it. He should have been up front with his plan. But remember, Ishe came within a nat's eye lash of doing the same thing.

----------------

On 4/6/2005 5:09:42 PM SteelerFan wrote:

----------------

On 4/5/2005 3:56:24 PM caz1604 wrote:

Have yall been keeping up w/ the show? It is one of my favorites lately! I was hoping Brent would tear up Anthony, but I think Ishe is eventually going to do that!

----------------

You know I think Anthony had every right to have a say in who his opponent was...having said that, I can't respect the way he went about it. He should have been up front with his plan. But remember, Ishe came within a nat's eye lash of doing the same thing.

----------------

I agree...you should choose your own destiny, but don't be shady about it. Ishe wasn't ready to fight, but he was never shady or showed any want to fight anybody other than Ahmed.