La Scala

RickM

Well, it isn't a multicell horn but I used Altec sectoral horns in my La Scalas....

LAS-Altec.jpg

I orignally used it on top of the cabinet with the K55v driver but ended up going with an Altec 902 and coverting it to a two way.

Isn't the 1505 a large format driver? Do you have a suitable adapter to get it down to a small format driver? You will probably need to drill that adapter to let it accept a 3 hole small format JBL driver. Then from there you need a small format JBL driver to a screw on adapter which you can get at Partsexpress.

Those 1505 are *huge* aren't they? Love to hear one of them sometime.

Shawn

Moon,

Right behind it? (The black and red thing?) Is a handtruck I used to move the three LaScala's and the subwoofer cabinets outside to work on them.

BTW, I just did a quick search for the 1505 horns and found this picture....

system_fjjj.jpg

The 'little' pair of woofers on each speaker are 15" units. The 'small' horn between the woofer cabinets and the big horn are 511b horns (what fills my LaScalas) and the upper horn is the 1505.

Shawn

"I was talking about the black speaker box. What is it? Meaning what speaker?"

There is actually two of those boxes back there. They are my DIY subs. The cabinets are 6'^3 sealed enclosures (sized to match the height and depth of the Las) and each is loaded with two JBL Sub1500 drivers for a Q of 0.5. They are driven by a Crown K2.

Shawn