HELP!!! Problems with Klipsch RF-35!

_RF-35_

I`ve a problem with my Klipsch RF-35.

I found this piece in the bassport. See Picture -------------------------------------------------->

Is it important to put it back?

What`s the function for this piece?

I don`t know where the location is for it.

post-17114-13819262327714_thumb.jpg

I had a similar piece of material in one of my RF-35s and a round piece in the other one. I think it is adhesive material for attaching the foam. If you push the foam to the sides and the rear of the opening so the port is not blocked you should not have to use the adhesive material.

RF-35,

The black material you mention being found in your RF-35's would have been gasket material remaining when they punch holes for the square horn lens/tweeter and the round woofers (this gasket is sandwiched between the cabinet and the front baffle). These pieces would have no effect on the performance of your speakers and should not harm the speakers in any way. I would suggest you simply remove it and discard.

We have already alerted our quality control and manufacturing group and they have taken corrective measures to make sure that the cut out material from the tweeter and woofer is removed and discarded during the manufacturing process.

Enjoy Your Speakers!