New Velodyne CHT sub

jungzen

Can anyone tell me the difference between the new Velodyne sub CHT-10 which replaces the CT-100 model?

I was set to buy the CT-100 until I checked the web and found that it has been superseeded by CHT-10.

The dealer in my country (Australia) will not have the new model until end of the year.

Go to www.velodyne.com and click on products in the left navigation bar, then on previous products. Scroll all the way to the bottom, and it shows the Classic Theater Series. You can look at the literature which has a table of specs which includes the CT-100. Compare that to the specs on the site under the new products (CHT).

I have a CT-120, and I've been very pleased with it!

Good luck-

Doug

I recently purchased an open-box CT-100 for $300. I noticed that the CHT's were on display and asked the salesperson about them. The only difference, according to him, is the cosmetics of the cabinet. All of the internals are the same.

ROCK ON!

dougdrake, I have done what you suggested before I posted this. There is no obvious difference from the specs. They look the same.

badbob, is it true that the only difference is in the cosmetics? How different is the look?

Can anyone else confirm that the only difference is in the cosmetics? I might pick up the old model then rather than waiting for the new one.

Pretty much just a cosmetic tweak to make the subs match the new sats. CHT stands for Classic Home Theater - just like on the sats. It's a series thing.

Jim

quote:

Originally posted by JimG:

It's a series thing.

Jim

Kind of like a RS-3 II "thing", huh? (LOL)

Amazes me how much info you guys have on the competition. I can only imagine what the back rooms look like in Indy...

DD

This message has been edited by dougdrake2 on 08-24-2001 at 04:54 PM