Receiver help to drive my klf 20's

billyjoe72

Hello everyone. I purchased a pair of klf 20's a about 4 years ago when a local company was going out of business. Got them for $700. I love them. I have an HK receiver driving them now. (55 watts) Not much to write home about. I know they are capable of more. I was looking at a used denon 5700 receiver (140 watts) for $500-600 on ebay which has 5 channel stereo so I can also use my cerwin vega 315's and my center speaker. Thats about my pockets limit. I know it will improve my sound 10 fold, but should I save a tad more money and go higher? Thanks.

Bill

Hello to you and Welcome to the Forum,

I too purchased new KLF-20s in 2000, but unfortunately paid about double what you did. But I still love them. They were originally powered by an old Pioneer SX-980. I think it is a 200 watt 2-channel receiver. Plenty of power. I recently started to build or build up my home theater system and puschased a Pioneer VSX-1014TX multi-channel audio-video receiver. I found a used KLF-C7 center channel here on the forum (thanks RedTop!). I am also wondering if I have enough power for the -20s. But I may have been spoiled by the older stereo receiver, or may still not have the -1014 set up correctly. Don't have much experience with the brands you mentioned, but there is a wealth of knowledge here on the forum. Sometimes it takes some time or multiple posts to get the info. My advice is, attempt to demo likely candidates in your listening environment and go with what sounds good to YOU.2.gif