Klipsch Cornwalls for sale in Seattle

franczyk

I am just posting this for the benefit of those in Seattle. I couldnt believe this when I saw this ad on Craigslist:

A pair of what appear to be Klipsch cornwalls for sale ANY OFFER. The person selling doesnt seem to know what they are...

THe title of the ad is "Enormo Klipsch Speakers"

Here is the text of the ad:

Age: Unknown. Origin: Grandpa. Large, apparently Klipsch, speakers. Girlfriend says they are worth nothing & leave them on the curb for the first taker. Boyfriend says they are worth something. (Read: stupid boyfriend does not want to part with giant speakers -that actually belong to girlfriend...so why does he have any say anyway?). Make us an offer & resolve a domestic dispute. Dimensions 36" x 25" x 15.5". See photos.

I hope its not too late for these speakers....

http://seattle.craigslist.org/ele/60053528.html

I already tried to contact this person about a week ago. I've got no response. I about messed my pants when I seen that. I was VERY GIDDY for about 2 days, never heard back and still have not heard back. Then I realized that add has been posted since Feb. I came to the sad realization that someone must have scored on them already. 14.gif

I live down in the Portland area, I was going to take the next day off work and drive up and get them... But again... Have not been contacted back.

BTW, welcome to the forum. 1.gif

----------------

On 3/18/2005 4:09:43 PM triode wrote:

The ad was probably posted to see how many people he could get to mess their pants.
9.gif

----------------

Oh indeed.. I let out a little squeel like a 6 year old church girl.

Hah... Well, if there ever was a good example of a speaker that a girlfriend/wife would throw out onto the curb, it is an old Cornwall.

If I brought a set of Cornwalls home, my wife would would probably physically attack me in an involuntary convulsion.

("sorry honey, I dont know what came over me... When I saw the speaker, my arm just automatically threw the iron at your head... ")

At least with the Khorn, you MIGHT be able to cammoflauge it in the corner, since the front of it is mostly a big pane of wood.11.gif