Bass from rf-3II

TIbor

I have all the speakers set to small. The svs sub puts out plently of bass, but rarely hear or see the woofers work on the mains. Can you have the speaks set to small but also choose lfe+ main option on the denon 2803? I feel that the rf3 are wasted with small setting but I always hear from others small setting is the way to go

what is your 2 cents...

Havent been here too much latly..been on the bose forum. Looking for a better setup!! LOL

Actually were have a newborn..Our first one..so been busy. Our ht hasnt seen much use lately. We bought the increbiles so posssibly this weekened

Thanks

Now my rf-3II arent big compared to the rf-7's but still bulky especially compared to bookshelves. But often wonder if I would have gotten the same sound from a smaller speaker in the refence line. Bass is no problem, just want them to get a little bit of a workout. My system sounds great as it is. I will need to check to see lfe+main is on w/ the small setting. When listening to other sources as cds or tv bass is lacking. Actaully maybe it is just under prologicII. I hate fiddling with the setings when my dvd source sounds perfect

Thanks for the reply

you can only use the LFE+Main if the fronts are set to large. In this case the low frequency signals are being played by the sub and the mains. If the fronts were set to small then the low frequency signals are only output from the sub and the crossover diverts all the low frequency from the mains to the sub.

hope this helps

remember its two different eq setting you're looking at with the bass management. small vs large is the hi-pass cutoff for your LR main speakers. the lfe out switch is whether or not info from the .1 channel is routed to sub, mains, or both. It sounds correct that you could not route .1 lfe sound to mains if they are set to small. I'd set them as large first, without any .1 lfe sounds. That would utilize them as full-range cabinets without the possible extra damaging results of the .1 ultra-low sound effects going through them.

Then if you're really set on tearing them up, set them as large, set lfe out to mains, then crank up a movie of your choice. Then go to dealer, but new speakers, then never use that setting ever again.

Michael