Is it worth getting the Rx-7s?

Kain

I can get the RF-3s, RC-3, and RS-3s for about $1600 with no subwoofer.

But the RF-7s, RC-7, and RS-7s are about $3800 with no subwoofer.

Are the Rx-7s really worth the $2200 difference?

My Home Theater room is small:

Length: about 17 feet.

Width: about 10 feet.

I always try to answer any unanswered posts

Is the sound of the the higher end models twice as nice as the lower end ones? No.

Are they worth almost twice the price? Maybe.

The sonic improvement you receive from money invested in speakers is greater than other audio components more bang for the buck. So choosing speakers that initially sound good, in the store, with the dealers equipment and still sound good (for a very long time) at home, with your equipment, is an imperfect shopping process. One fraught with tensions and errors.

But your ears learn to tell the difference and the better the speaker, the more you will enjoy your system.

I would budget for a very powerful sub-woofer, for it makes a world of direence on music and movies.

I would also budget for high end components that will eventually cost far more than your speakers, because your horns will show the difference.

I would plan on going 5.1 channels someday with DVD-Audio.

I would buy the best speakers that you can afford beacuse you will change them less often, enjoy them more and without cranking your amps to the maximum settings enjoy them for dozens of years and possibly decades.

Is $2200 a big difference over 10 years? I think not. Buy the better speakers and start saving up for a superlative front end.

Consider setting the system up along the long wall or sit about 8 to 10 feet infront of the speakers.

------------------

Cornwalls, Bottlehead 2A3 Paramours, Dynaco II, Rotel, KSW200 & LF10

KaiN64

I would say yes, it is a good idea to get the Rx-7 line as they are the best new product that you can buy right now. The price you have been quoted for the set is an absolute joke! Go to www.sounddistributors.com and you can get the RF7's for $1500 and I believe 2 Rs7's and an RC7 for around 1000-1200. On top of that you can probably call them to get a discount by buying the whole package. They are not an authorized Klipsch dealer but they will honor the warranty of any Klipsch product through them. The RF7's I know have a 5yr warranty so that amount of protection is good enough for me. If the address above isn't working go to the link provided in the RF7's- go big or go home thread started by me a little while back. I know that the link works on that. I'm not sure but I think you might be able to get the RS7's and RC7 or reliableaudiovideo.com for about $1000 for all three as well. 2500-2700 is a lot better price for this quality of goods than the 3800 hundred your local dealer is trying to drag out of you......

P.S. I also advise any of the SVSubs found on SVSubwoofers.com. They seem to be the best deal out there as far as quality and price combined.

Juan

This message has been edited by JuHorvath on 08-26-2001 at 10:04 AM