Final decisions on micro subs

mtbiker731

Ears - baby... talk to me. I have narrowed it down to 3. Sunfire Sig EQ, Velodyne DD-12, or Paradigm Seismic 12. I listened to the Sig EQ and had the impression that I felt more than I heard. Maybe it wasn't properly set up in the room. I dunno. I think I'm set on the Velodyne for it's more advanced EQ setup, yet I like the price of the Sunfire (about 500 cheaper). I want slam, and I've heard the Sunfire puts out more boom than slam. I need RSW-15 slam in a 15" cube. Will the Velodyne be a better pick? What about the Seismic 12 - haven't heard that one, perhaps you could tell me about your feelings. Thanks man!

Ben Johnson

Thought I read where SVS is coming out with a micro line later in the year. Don't know how much slam they'll have. SVS is more famous for deep than slam I think anyway.

I'm in the same boat as you, I'd like the slam of the RSW-15 in a smaller (and cheaper1.gif) package myself. Try getting in touch with Meuge, he has the Dayton Titanic 15" and see what he has to say about it. I think it's about 19" square.

Sorry,I do not post here often.But if you needs some slam in a "microsub" the paradigm Seismic 12 is the top choice,the DD series from Velodyne are too "polite" and "educated" to have the said..."slam".

Just my two cents(worth a damn lot more)

The subwoofer section is lifeless without TheEAR,ah well other hobbies are calling

Have a good one,enjoy the subwoofing.