jetta commercial?

Scp53

i saw that new jetta commercial and saw klipsch in it. but what is that sub in the commercial. the box says r-8 and 1000watts(you see it when its being carried to the car and in the cars back middle seat). is that a new model or something? in the room when its unboxed it looks like a rw10 or 12. thanks for any comments on this.

scp53

According to the Klipsch News Center, it is a RW-8. See below.

Watch it on www.vw.com

Volkswagen's new, more refined Jetta is all grownup in looks, but still has a fun-loving heart. In a new national television spot titled Independence Day, Volkswagen uses Klipsch speakers to show that some grownup choices can lead to freedom and more pleasure in life. This clever commercial gives our RW-8 subwoofer and RVX-54 plasma solution speakers great play.

Watch the commercial by visiting www.vw.com/jetta. You'll need to click on Meet the new Jetta and then select Watch the new Jetta spots.

then the box must be messed up or something. Im trying to see the commercial right now but it wont load. Im POSITIVE that yesterday when i saw the commercial it said r-8 on the box and 1000 watts. that is NOT correct if its supposed to be a rw8. someone watch that commercial and tell me if im right.

scp53

Nice! I just watched it myself (usually I skip past the commercials).

Thing is I can relate - moving out of the apartment to my own house, and can crank that setup nice and loud! 11.gif Friggan PRICELESS!

And yes, the box definitly said "R-8" on it (plus you can see the little oval "Klipsch" logo. I paused it right at that scene to get a good look at the box (gotta love the magic of DVR's).

so is that supposed to read like that or is it a mistake? do you think the box reads incorrectly "1000 watts" to catch ill informed audio peoples attention? the general public probably thinks lots of watts are good so thats why they put that on the box. could that be called false advertising(even though its a jetta commercial)? but then again it says r 8 and not rw 8 so there not directly giving false info about the rw 8

any one have comments on this part of the commercial? maybe a moderator could answer this question? thanks

scp53