DVD dialogue volume

Narcissus

I am considering the purchase of new speakers, and I am wondering if anyone can give me some information about the promedias. The main reason I am looking for new speakers is the poor dvd playback on my current ones, the volume of dialogue/voice is much lower everything else, so depending on what volume i set it at, either the dialogue is way too low, or everything else is way too high. I have heard this is due to the downmixing from dolby 5.1 digital.

I was looking at several 5.1 systems with decoders, but i dont think i actually need a full 5.1 system as long as the volume problems are solved. Can anyone tell me if they experience this same problem with the promedias? or are the volume levels pretty good for watching dvd's?

quote:

are the volume levels pretty good for watching dvd's?

ARE YOU SH*TTING ME???? ARRGGGHHH, HAAACKKKKK, COOUUUGGHHH!!!

Ahem, s'cuse me wink.gif

DVD'S sound AMAZING on the pro's dude!

(keep in mind this is a pc setup not a HT setup)

It's still pretty freakin' loud. There hasen't been a dvd that i could watch past 80% pro. volume and 90% pc volmue.

FLOOR SHAKES, WALLS SHAKE, CHAIR SHAKES AND

PRINTER'S PAPER TRAY MAKES A HELL OF A RACKET!! (HP deffect i guess, he he)

As long as you got front and rear out. on you s/c, your all set smile.gif

When I asked if the volume levels are good for dvd's, I didnt mean is it loud enough, obviously thats not going to be a problem, what I meant is how is the volume level of the dialogue compared to everything else, I was wondering if I am going to have the same problem where if the dialogue is loud enough, then everything else is too loud

HAAACKKKKK, COOUUUGGHHH!!!

Ahem, s'cuse me. smile.gif

The sound is pretty well split evenly, i haven't noticed any probs while watching movies.

I watch tones, rent at least 2 to 4 movies a week.

Even makes bad movies fun to watch. "ie. Battlefield Earth, Godzilla 2000"

HAHAHAHAAAA!!

Battlefield Earth was the STUPIDEST movie I ever saw!!

Why let the humans go to know what their favorite food was AND THEN teach them to speak??

And how come those advanced ETs don't have suits against the radiation where the gold is??

AND HOW THE HELL DID JOHN TRAVOLTA ALLOW HIMSELF TO BECOME SUCH A LARDASS??

sorry for the rant.

Battlefield Earth...

biggrin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Narcissus:

I am considering the purchase of new speakers, and I am wondering if anyone can give me some information about the promedias. The main reason I am looking for new speakers is the poor dvd playback on my current ones, the volume of dialogue/voice is much lower everything else, so depending on what volume i set it at, either the dialogue is way too low, or everything else is way too high. I have heard this is due to the downmixing from dolby 5.1 digital.

I have the same problem (music and sound effects being loud), but I got used to it. I have a SB Live and setting to "Watch Movie" preset in SB program (I forgot what it was called) helped a little. smile.gif